Monday, April 30, 2012

Current Project: Dunlyle

Well I've gone from posting twice daily to once every two weeks.  Rest assured this has not been idle time; the current project: Dunlyle, my campaign setting.  The end result is hoped to be a sandbox setting with optional "story line" elements, along these lines:
  • Spiral/"Wire-O" bound (so as to be durable and to open flat) and tabbed, on durable paper stock
  • Overview & Area Map
  • Important NPCs
  • Gazetteer & Local Maps
  • Multiple dungeons fleshed out in One Page Dungeon style
  • Campaign flowcharts and calendars
All of this, to echo my prior postings, will be done so that it is system-neutral though obviously flavored for D&D at its various offshoots and mutations.  In other words, the goal here is to be content-rich while maintaining utility to a wide range of games and DMs.  The book itself is intended to be both a campaign prep/background document as well as an in-game reference.

At present, the manuscript is completed but I am converting my traditional map & key dungeons into one-page dungeons and removing all system-specific references.

I would welcome your feedback on this proposed format.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr. Sollows,

    That sounds like a cool idea. Will the book be available for sale by some means? (I live in Canada).

    Anyway, I just dropped by to say that I really enjoyed your dungeon entry for the one-page dungeon contest "Holy Sword." That was freaking awesome!

    Anyway, all the best.

    --David L. Dostaler
    Author, Challenger RPG (free)

    ReplyDelete